Rise and shine! Getting up for online class? Going to work? If you’re more of a night owl and dread the sound of your alarm clock, start your morning with this routine for a day full of positive vibes.
7:30: First alarm goes off (ugh)
7:45: Instead of hitting snooze 5 times, twice is enough
8:00: Finally get out of bed. Do not scroll on Instagram for an extra 20 minutes. The latest Real Housewives update can wait- do something more productive. Make your way to the bathroom and wash up. Clip your hair back and treat yourself to a soothing eye mask to de-puff from your midnight Love Island binge.
8:15: Move your body or give it a break. Now that you didn't waste 20 minutes scrolling, you have a few extra for yourself. Doing just 10 minutes of fitness can keep you energized for the day. Stretching, yoga, or a low impact Melissa Wood Health arm workout will definitely wake you up. Look on YouTube or Instagram for quick and easy workouts you can do every morning. If you're not into moving, take a moment to meditate. Light a candle to set the mood and think about your goals for the day. Focus on the positives.
8:30: Now you can check your phone! Put on a podcast while getting ready and prepping your morning coffee. If you're working from home or don't have time to grab a $6 latte, be your own barista. A Nespresso machine is a kitchen counter must. But we recommend Starbucks bottled iced coffee; the 48 ounce bottle lasts for a week of lattes and you can put in your own milk and sweetener. On the go? La Colombe cold brew cans are perfect for your commute.
8:40: Usually skip breakfast because you're in a rush to catch the morning Zoom call? Here are quick recipes (that require 0 cooking) to keep you full until lunch.
This toast doesn't just have a pretty fruit pattern and look good on Instagram. The carbs provide energy for the day and the nut butter is full of healthy fats.
- 1-2 pieces favorite bread (gluten free, multi grain, whole wheat) or frozen waffle
- 1-2 tablespoon nut butter (almond, granola, peanut)
- Fruit topping (sliced strawberries, sliced banana, handful berries)
- Toast bread to desired crispness
- Spread nut butter evenly onto base
- Slice fruit and top to fit the bread (save extra to eat on the side)
- Drizzle honey or syrup on top for extra sweetness and enjoy!
This berry smoothie is full of antioxidants and vitamin c to keep your skin looking fresh and bright. One glass will fill you up all morning.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup of mixed berries
- Handful of greens (kale or spinach)
- 1 cup Liquid base (plant milk, coconut water, pomegranate juice)
- Drizzle honey if desired
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour in a glass or mason jar and enjoy!
- Can also be served as a bowl- top with granola, chia seeds, and fresh fruit
9:00: Time to get dressed.
9:30: Take on the day!